Friday, August 26, 2011

Photography is my Heart & Soul

John 15:1-2 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine-dresser... every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.”

Art, photography, music... is my heart. I've grown up with a passion for these things and a large artistic ability. I want to use this ability for good and to do God's will. This is part of why I came up with my business name (and the fact my middle name is Grace...)

I don't want to be your run of the mill, charge an arm and a leg photographer. ;-) Don't get me wrong, I need to be able to bring in enough income to support my business and family, and one day retire when I'm old and feeble, but I don't want to get rich off of this. I'm also hoping that the other side of my business (selling backdrops) will eventually be enough to carry my photography business so that I am able to provide my services for less. I want to reach out to people who may not be able to afford professional photography, and provide awesome quality images for them.

I want to get involved in charities like OPLove, and reach out to the local DFCS office to provide pro bono services to high school seniors in foster care. I want to provide lower-cost wedding photography to reach people who don't have bookoos of funds to splurge on their big day, but still need to document that special time.

God gave me my gifts and talents, and I want to use them for others, not just myself. The area I live in is not a rich one. It is extremely under-served, and I want to join our church's ministry to reach our community... to change lives and the city we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment